After completing a degree in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Psychology at Valparaiso University, Mary joined the team at Dow AgroSciences where she currently leads the Crop Protection R&D Insect Management laboratory. Simultaneously, she’s also been working toward a PhD in Entomology at Purdue University at a notably impressive pace.
Mary has authored an impressive number of presentations, internal research reports, published scientific studies, and shares credit for several patents. She’s credited with developing expanded capabilities and improved efficiencies for evaluations in several areas, and directing activities and protocols with greenhouse personnel, field scientists, cooperators and other lab technicians.
In addition to volunteer work with organizations like St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Mary has also tutored students in math and science at St. Paul Catholic School, where she helps to encourage a love of science and to emphasize the importance of STEM-related fields to young students.
Her leadership and mentorship has had a significant impact on those around her, and her commitment to excellence has not gone unnoticed.
2. Gomez, L.E., M. Shaw, T. Trullinger, R. Hunter, and M. Rushton. 2013. SYNERGISTIC MIXTURES OF XR-123 AND SPIROTETRAMAT (TETRONIC AND TETRAMIC ACID DERIVATIVES IRAC MOA GROUP 23) INSECTICIDE FOR THE CONTROL OF THE LEPIDOPTERAN DIAMOND BACK MOTH, PLUTELLA XYLOSTELLA. DAS Docket # 75,253.
3. Gomez, L.E.; M. Shaw, T. Trullinger, R. Hunter, M. Rushton, and J. Herbert. 2013. SYNERGISTIC MIXTURES OF XR-607 AND EMAMECTIN BENZOATE (AVERMECTINS, MILBEMYCINS IRAC MOA GROUP 6) FOR DIAMONDBACK MOTH, PLUTELLA XYLOSTELLA, THE SOUTH AMERICAN BROWN STINK BUG, EUSCHISTUS HEROS, AND THE WESTERN PLANT BUG, LYGUS HESPERUS CONTROL. DAS Docket # 75,424.
4. Gomez, L.E., M. Shaw, T. Trullinger, R. Hunter, and M. Rushton. 2013. SYNERGISTIC PESTICIDAL COMPOSITIONS AND RELATED METHODS. DAS Docket # 75,425.
Internal Research Reports:
1. King, J.E., M. Rushton and J. Thomas. 2011. Technical Disclosure: Effects of Sulfoxaflor Insecticide on Growth and Vigor of Soybean. SAGE Report #2009194
2. King, J.E and M. Rushton. 2011. Comparative Response of Laboratory and Field-Collected Populations of Fall Armyworm (Spodoptera frugiperda) to Cry1F Protein (2010 Results). SAGE Report #2009188.
3. King, J.E and M. Rushton. 2012. Comparative Response of Laboratory and Field-Collected Populations of Fall Armyworm (Spodoptera frugiperda) to Cry1F Protein (2011 Results). SAGE Report #2011924.
4. Boucher, R.E., M.E. Rodriguez-Roasa, L. Liu, M. Kalinowski, M. Rushton, L.E. Gomez, and M. Zhao. 2013. Green House and Limited Field Trial for Epoxy Sulfoxaflor Hot Melt Samples. SAGE Report # 2020063.
6. King, J.E, M. Rushton and L.E. Gomez. 2014. Influence of Temperature and pH on the Efficacy of Sulfoxaflor Formulations for Control of Aphids (2011 Laboratory Studies). SAGE Report #2023665.
7. King, J.E., T. Hoffman, H. Perry and M. Rushton. 2015. Field Trials to Evaluate Insect Resistance and Agronomics of Cry1Ca and Cry2Aa Transgenic Events in Soybean (Proof of Concept 1, 2013-2014). SAGE Report # (submitted).
8. Obourn, G.R., D.M. Rule, A. Asberry, M. Rushton, J.E. King, T.K. Hoffman. 2015. Efficacy of the Conkesta ™ Event in Different Genetic Backgrounds. SAGE Report # 2031386.
9. J.E. King, S. Lee, S. Tewari and M. Rushton. 2016. 2015 Characterization of DIG-657 Corn Events on European Corn Borer and Corn Earworm (Discovery Proof of Concept, Phase 1). SAGE Report #2032730.
10. M. Rushton, J.E. King, and L. Clark. 2016. WideStrike Gene Equivalency 2015: Greenhouse/Lab Trials Bioassay Results. SAGE Report #2037465.
11. M. Rushton and J. Dripps. 2016. Effect of simulated rainfall on the efficacy of GF-1684 and GF-3042 using cotton aphid, Aphis gossypii, and beet armyworm, Spodoptera exigua, as bioassay species. SAGE Report #2037544.
1. Storer, N.P., M. Kubiszak (Rushton), J.E. King, G.D. Thompson and A.C. Santos. 2012. Status of resistance to Bt maize in Spodoptera frugiperda: Lessons from Puerto Rico. Journal of Invertebrate Pathology. 110 (2012): 294–300.
All content Copyright Women & Hi Tech, BigStockPhoto, or Trusty ApplicationsWomen & Hi Tech is a non-profit organization. 133 West Market Street, #220, Indianapolis, IN 46204